Key Messages Report Back from Parallel Sessions
To reach a sustainable and resilient world for all it is of importance that there is a policy coherence between all relevant policies at all levels, from local to international level.
The UNDRR Stakeholder Engagement Mechanism (UNDRR-SEM) is thereby engaging not just in solely disaster risk reduction avenues, but in all-hazard knowledge generation, climate change policy development, disaster risk financing and most importantly community empowerment. We have seen that resilience is dependent upon the capacity of a community to respond in times of crisis.
During the first half of the 2nd day of the 7th GPDRR Stakeholder Forum, its participants took part in interactive and outcome oriented smaller parallel sessions. The session will serve as an opportunity for all to learn of the outcomes from these parallel sessions.
- Ensure that the knowledge generated from the Stakeholder Forum parallel sessions is shared among all stakeholder groups attendees and other participants in the Stakeholder Forum.
- Reduce the potential of silos among DRR stakeholders, and ensure coherence between actions of stakeholders engaged in implementing the Sendai Framework.
- Demonstrate that while we, as the stakeholders of DRR, may have specific areas of interest, we are working for a common goal, namely ensuring that all parts of society have enhanced capacity of managing striking hazards and that the risks of disasters to occur are minimised through structural changes and integration of risk-reduction in all development plans.
This session will be live-streamed online. Note that it is live-streamlining and no active online participation. You can access the live streaming through this link:
Ms. Mareike Bentfeld, Advisor, Global Initiative on Disaster Risk Management (GIDRM), Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ
Ms. Elham Youssefian, Inclusive Humanitarian Action and Disaster Risk Reduction Advisor, International Disability Alliance
Ms.Alinne Martinez, Focal Point, Young Scientists Platform on Disaster Risk Reduction Ms. Antonia Yulo Loyzaga, President, National Resilience Council (NRC) of the Philippines Ms. Maite Rodriguez, Regional Coordinator, Guatemala Foundation and Women and Habitat Network for Latin America and the Caribbean Mr.Aashish Kullar, Consultant, The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction Ms.Jekulin Lipi, Young Scientist, Sendai Children and Youth Stakeholder Grup & SEM Focal Point Ms. Sophie Rigg, Senior Climate and Resilience Adviser at Action Aid UK & European Representative on the Global Board of GNDR Ms.Paola , Chief of Branch, Intergovernmental Processes, Interagency Cooperation and Partnership, The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction Albrito
- What are the main outcomes from the parallel session? What are the next steps or objectives you are planning to pursue?
- How do you believe that we can learn from each other, and bridge the gap of DRR actions in different technical fields where SEM and its members engage?
BICC Ground Floor
ParticipationOpen to those registered for the conference
Daniel Perell, email@example.com