Plans and Opportunities for the future of SEM
The UNDRR Stakeholder Engagement Mechanism gathers a wide range of stakeholders across the society. They are all unified under the mission of contributing to the implementation of the Sendai Framework, building a sustainable resilient society for all, where disaster risk does not threaten the wellbeing of people and the planet.
Since its establishment, SEM has continuously grown, both in the size and scope of its members, as well as the impact of its work.
This session will increase awareness of SEM and the work the SEM is undertaking. Within the context of the SEM’s new Action Plan, this session will showcase how the SEM continues to have an influencing role and a crucial contributor to key DRR global development fora and processes, bringing the voices of civil society to DRR mechanisms, and catalyse collective action among different stakeholders for risk-informed development.
- Enhance awareness about the UNDRR Stakeholder Engagement Mechanism, and its structure.
- Share knowledge about the plans of SEM for year 2022-23, and invite stakeholders, the United System and member states to partner on implementation of these actions.
- Generate a motivation and excitement to support the implementation of the collective SEM Action Plan 2022-23.
- Jyothi Bylappa Maralenahalli, Programme Management Officer, The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Rebecca Murphy, Policy Lead, The Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction & SEM Focal Point
- Jekulin Lipi, Young Scientist, Sendai Children & Youth Stakeholder Group & SEM Focal Point
- Ramona Miranda, Member of the Steering Committee, Duryog Nivaran (South Asian network on Disaster Risk Reduction)
- Bikash Chandra Manna, Emergency Response Manager, HelpAge International
- Sotha Sok, Sotha Sok, Family Farmer & Manager of Cambodian Farmer Federation Association of Agricultural Producers (CFAP)
Session guiding questions
- Do you have any suggestions of additions or adaptations of the SEM Action Plan 2022-23?
- What do you think the key priorities are in terms of SEM’s Action Plan2022-23 activities?
- Do you have a good understanding of what the SEM is?
- What initiatives can be undertaken to increase SEM’s actions and impact as well as visibility and awareness?
BICC Ground Floor