Stakeholder Forum: Opening Ceremony
The Sendai Framework calls for an all of society approach in building disaster resilience. The Stakeholder Forum will provide a space for discussions about how to strengthen collaboration and all-of-society approaches in the implementation of the Sendai Framework in coherence with the other 2030 Agendas.
This Opening Ceremony of the Stakeholder Forum will set the stage for the GPDRR-week. We will hear from a variety of representatives from the United Nation system, national Governments, local, private and community leaders – sharing commitment for engaging stakeholders.
The UNDRR Stakeholder Engagement Mechanism will also present the Stakeholder Declaration, which unifies the voices of all parts of the society and provides recommendations on building disaster resilience. The Ceremony culminates with a spiritual blessing from the Indiginous Community.
- Set the stage of all-of-society approach within the 7th Global Platform on Disaster Risk Reduction, including its preparatory days.
- Open the 2nd Stakeholder Forum on Disaster Risk Reduction, and welcome all of its attendees.
- Present the Stakeholder Declaration for the 7th Global Platform on Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Introduce the objectives, formats and expected outcome of the 2nd Stakeholder Forum on Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Communicate commitments in ensuring a continuation of an all-of-society-approach in the implementation of the SEndai Framework on Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Adessou Kossivi, Africa Regional Office, Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction
- Elizabeth Petheo, Asia Pacific Regional Representative & Principal Miyamoto International Inc.
- Inia Seruiratu, Minister for Rural and Maritime Development and Disaster Management, Fiji
- Carlos Kaiser Mansilla, Executive Director, ONG Inclusiva
- Sonika Poudel, Youth from Nepal
- Kurt Kunz, Ambassador of Switzerland to Indonesia, to Timor-Leste and ASEAN
- Mami Mizutori, Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction and Head of The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
- ChanTripura, Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP)
BICC Ground Floor