UNDRR and the host country committed to making the 2022 Global Platform accessible to persons with disabilities.
The General Assembly through its resolutions 65/186, 64/131, and 64/154 urged the United Nations system to make a concerted effort to integrate disability into its work and encouraged the Inter Agency Support Group on the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities to work to ensure that development programmes, including Sustainable Development Goals policies, processes and mechanisms, are inclusive of and accessible to persons with disabilities.
UNDRR is actively supporting the rights of persons with disabilities in the implementation process of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
In line with the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities principle on full and effective participation and inclusion in society, persons with disabilities should have the opportunity, on an equal basis with others, to be actively involved in all decision-making processes about policies and programmes, and at fora where international development is discussed.
More than 200 people with disabilities attended the 2022 Global Platform in person in Bali, and an additional 80 participated online.
International Sign Interpretation and Real Time Captioning
To ensure the meaningful and active participation of persons with disabilities in the GP2022, all sessions of the official programme featured Real Time Captioning and International Sign interpretation. Please consult the detailed session information on the availability of international sign interpretation and availability of real time captioning.
- Logistic information provided by the Government can be found here.
- Hotel information including information on wheel chair accessibility rooms here.
- Updated COVID-19 Health Protocol is available. The Q&A GPDRR 2022 Health Protocol includes information for persons with disabilities.
- Field Trips were organized by the host country (One field trip is wheel chair accessible; International Sign will be offered if required). See the field trips page.
- Assistive device service center: Puspadi at Annika Linden Centre Building, Jl. Bakung No. 19 Kesiman Kertalangu, Kec. Denpasar Tim., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80237. Contact Person: I Nengah Latra (+62 812-3990-701)
- Access the floor plans of the Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center (BNDCC): building 1 floor plan and building 2 floor plan, and Bali International Conference Center (BICC): complete floor plan.
- Wheelchair accessible transportation from/to airport to official hotel: this form.
- GP2022 Agenda Overview in accessible format can be found here.
For any additional questions on accessibility please contact Stefanie Dannenmann-Di Palma, UNDRR Accessibility focal point, at email@example.com.