Second Stakeholder Forum on Disaster Risk Reduction
23-24th of May 2022 Held at the Bali International Convention Centre(BICC)
A Preparatory Event for the GP2022
The Forum brought together stakeholders from all parts of society and from around the world to provide an opportunity to share experiences and knowledge on different approaches to build disaster resilient societies.
Participation in the Forum was open to all Governments, UN, international and regional organisations and stakeholders attending the GP2022.
Discussions focused on strengthening collaboration and all-of-society approaches in the implementation of the Sendai Framework in coherence with all other frameworks of the wider Post-2015 Development Agenda (e.g. the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Paris Agreement, the New Urban Agenda, etc.).
Objectives of the Stakeholder Forum
- To provide a space for stakeholders to share experiences in the implementation of the Sendai Framework and actions taken for risk-informed development.
- To provide a space for stakeholders to coordinate their collective actions in implementing the Sendai Framework in coherence with the other Post-2015 Development Agenda frameworks.
- To stimulate strengthened partnerships among stakeholders, Member States and the UN in order to accelerate an all-of society approach in Sendai Framework implementation.
The main themes of the Stakeholder Forum
The Forum has been organised under the six sub themes of the GP2022, and provided an avenue to inform the following GP2022 discussions:
- Inclusive Risk Governance
- Sendai Stocktaking
- Leave No One Behind
- DRR Financing
- COVID-19 Recovery & Multi-Hazard Prevention
- Integration of DRR into Climate Actions